Predators sign Hynes to 2-year extension
Hynes' current contract, which included a one-year team option, was set to expire.
The Preds hired the 47-year-old bench boss midway through the 2019-20 campaign, taking over for Peter Laviolette. Nashville has qualified for the postseason in each campaign under Hynes, although the club has been unable to get out of the opening round.
Overall, the Predators are 92-64-10 in parts of three seasons under Hynes. He coached the New Jersey Devils for parts of five years before arriving in The Music City.
- Report: Pens not speaking regularly with Malkin, 2 years apart in Letang talks
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Scotiabank pauses sponsorship of Hockey Canada
- From joke to juggernaut: Avalanche's well-earned Cup completes cycle