Report: Senators a popular target for trade calls
Pierre Dorion's phone has apparently been blowing up lately.
The Ottawa Senators general manager received several calls over the NHL All-Star break as his club gears toward selling at the trade deadline, according to TSN's Pierre LeBrun.
"Teams around the league, I'm told, over the last three or four days, have made Ottawa a popular target for phone calls," LeBrun said Monday. "And I'm told that the Senators were a popular team to reach out to as far as checking out a team that is gonna be a seller."
Ottawa entered Monday 13th in the Eastern Conference in points percentage.
The Senators' potential trade chips include forwards Chris Tierney, Zach Sanford, Nick Paul, Tyler Ennis, defenseman Josh Brown, and goaltender Anton Forsberg. All six players are pending unrestricted free agents.
- Maurice thinks Panthers have been too physical in Stanley Cup Final
- 5 potential landing spots for Pierre-Luc Dubois
- 10 best NHL players who could get traded this summer
- Like it or not, Gen Z's decisions are already changing the sports landscape
- Stanley Cup Final Game 3 best bets: Panthers to claw their way into series