Report: Senators a popular target for trade calls
Pierre Dorion's phone has apparently been blowing up lately.
"Teams around the league, I'm told, over the last three or four days, have made Ottawa a popular target for phone calls," LeBrun said Monday. "And I'm told that the Senators were a popular team to reach out to as far as checking out a team that is gonna be a seller."
Ottawa entered Monday 13th in the Eastern Conference in points percentage.
The Senators' potential trade chips include forwards Chris Tierney, Zach Sanford, Nick Paul, Tyler Ennis, defenseman Josh Brown, and goaltender Anton Forsberg. All six players are pending unrestricted free agents.
- Dubas: Penguins 'running out of time' as deadline looms
- Kane: Would've been 'tough to say no' if Blackhawks wanted me for life
- Buy, sell, or sit? Choosing deadline directions for fringe playoff teams
- Back Matthews to continue dominance in the desert
- Oilers to best Bruins in battle of powerhouses Wednesday night