Sabres' Moulson clears waivers, loaned to Kings' AHL affiliate
The Buffalo Sabres assigned forward Matt Moulson to the Ontario Reign of the American Hockey League after the veteran cleared waivers, the team announced Tuesday.
The Reign, however, are not the Sabres' AHL affiliate; they're the Los Angeles Kings' farm team. The decision to send Moulson there was made so he won't take away ice time from players in the Sabres' system, although Buffalo will retain his rights.
"Matt has been a true professional, especially during this difficult decision," Sabres general manager Jason Botterill said. "Matt has previously spent time within the Kings organization early in his career and we felt this would be the best opportunity for him. From an organizational standpoint, we felt that with our young forwards in place in Rochester, we did not want to take away from their development and ice time by adding another veteran player at this time."
Moulson, a three-time 30-goal scorer with the Islanders, failed to record a point across 14 games with the Sabres this season.
- Tkachuk believes win over Vegas would complete 'hardest road' to Cup
- Report: Capitals informed teams they're willing to trade Mantha
- Sullivan eager to work on fixing Penguins with Dubas
- Eichel making most of 1st postseason as he prepares for Cup Final
- 7 Golden Knights-Panthers questions that will decide who hoists the Cup