Waddle breaks record for most catches by rookie in single season
Miami Dolphins wide receiver Jaylen Waddle caught the 102nd pass of his rookie season in the first quarter of Sunday's game against the New England Patriots, surpassing Anquan Boldin (101 in 2003) for the most single-season receptions ever by a first-year player.
The 23-year-old broke the record with his third catch of the game on a five-yard pass from quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. Waddle finished the drive with a seven-yard TD catch for his sixth score of the season.
The 2021 first-round selection joins Boldin as the only two rookie receivers with 100 catches.
Waddle also became the second player in Dolphins' history to record 100 receptions, joining Jarvis Landry, who accomplished the feat in 2015 and 2017.
The Alabama product entered the final week of the regular season leading Miami with 99 receptions, 988 receiving yards, and five touchdowns.
- Report: Colts, Foles working on deal
- A.J. Brown canceled Nashville youth camp to avoid fans threatening his peace
- Sneed's car shot up in Louisiana; Chiefs CB not inside at time
- Report: Michael Vick coming out of retirement to join Fan Controlled Football
- Kittle: 49ers' offense will be 'more exciting' with Lance