Miami adds 5-star OT Francis Mauigoa to 2023 class
Mauigoa, who's the highest-ranked offensive tackle by ESPN, becomes the crown jewel of Miami's 2023 class as the lone five-star prospect. The program also recently landed top dual-threat quarterback Jaden Rashada, four-star tight end Riley Williams, and four-star receiver/cornerback Robert Stafford.
A Florida native, Mauigoa explained that his connection to the Hurricanes' staff pushed him to the program.
"I'm very close with the Miami staff because I was close with them when they were at Oregon," Mauigoa told Greg Biggins of 247Sports. "I developed a great relationship with coach (Mario) Cristobal and (offensive line) coach (Alex) Mirabal and talked to them all the time."
Miami now totals one five-star prospect and seven four-star recruits as part of its 2023 recruiting class.
- Saban envisions CFP drawing solely from 2-3 megaconferences
- Calipari calls Kentucky a 'basketball school,' riling Stoops
- Notre Dame AD: Big Ten deal with NBC 'perfect' for Irish
- Alabama's Earle to miss start of season with foot injury
- Former Washington State coach Rolovich files wrongful termination claim