Report: MLB to fine Baez for walk-off celebration
Baez was fired up after getting a hit off Reds reliever Amir Garrett.
The two started a benches-clearing incident in May after Baez confronted Garrett about his showboating. The left-hander was suspended for that fracas, and he said Tuesday that Baez should thank him for not reacting to being mocked.
The Cubs and Reds meet again Wednesday and Thursday to conclude a four-game series.
- MLB work stoppage almost certain on Dec. 2
- Schwarber: 'I'd be all ears' about new deal with Red Sox
- Seager wants to return to Dodgers: 'I believe in what these guys do'
- Matzek savoring Braves' run: 'I was out of baseball in 2017'
- Report: Gray likely seeking 3- or 4-year deal after turning down Rockies offer