Dylan Larkin wins Fastest Skater challenge, sets record at All-Star Skills Competition
Dylan Larkin is officially the fastest skater in the NHL.
The Detroit Red Wings forward recorded a time of 12.894 seconds to win the Fastest Skater challenge at the All-Star Skills Competition on Saturday.
With the victory, the 19-year-old rookie was given an opportunity to defeat Mike Gartner's fastest skater record of 13.386 seconds. Despite a stumble on the final turn, Larkin posted a time of 13.172 seconds to set a new NHL record.
The Eastern Conference won three of the four races overall to take an early lead in the competition.
Here are the individual results:
- Islanders strike twice in 22 seconds to hand Flyers 10th straight loss
- Hellebuyck calls for rule change: Refs 'put me in danger' vs. Stars
- Lindy Ruff gets 800th win as Devils beat Capitals
- Georgiev's 41-save performance lifts Avalanche past Stars
- Burakovsky scores twice as Kraken get 1st-ever win over Golden Knights