Senators to try soccer-style fan section for 10 games this season
Calling on all hooligans: the Ottawa Senators are looking to create a soccer-style atmosphere at the Canadian Tire Centre this season.
Section 319 will be cordoned off for the Red Scarf Union – the team's official fan group – for 10 games this season, according to Chris Hofley of the Ottawa Sun.
The "official supporters section" will allow standing, chanting, signage and supporters will be encouraged to generate as much noise (and maybe a little hatred toward the opposing team) as possible.
Ottawa may be tip-toeing into the idea, but creativity appears necessary for the Senators; they are the only Canadian franchise that has experienced attendance issues over the past few seasons.
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Leafs dress UofT goalie as backup due to cap constraints
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Ducks head coach Eakins blasts Jets for 'dirty play' on Gibson
- Red Wings' Larkin suspended 1 game for roughing Lightning's Joseph