Report: Ryan Miller in Vancouver on Sunday 'being wooed by Canucks' brass'
We get the feeling Vancouver Canucks goalies Eddie Lack and Jacob Markstrom won't be getting much sleep tonight:
It's no secret Miller and the Canucks have been talking. And, let's face it, we all want to be wooed. Multiple reports earlier in the week had the two sides touching base, as the free agent interview period began, and you can read more details about that in the post below this one.
Miller will be 34 in July, and is an unrestricted free agent after wrapping up a six-year, $31.25-million contract he signed as a member of the Buffalo Sabres. He had a .918 save percentage with the Sabres and St. Louis Blues last year, slightly above his .916 career mark.
Markstrom's 24, and is under contract at a cap hit of $1.2 million. He'll be a restricted free agent at the end of the coming season. Lack, his platoon partner, is 26, and on the books at a cap hit of $1.15 million. He's signed through 2015-16 at that same amount, and will then be an unrestricted free agent.
After trading Ryan Kesler and Jason Garrison before the NHL draft, and with reports that they're interested in Jarome Iginla, and now with their courtship of Miller, these are certainly interesting times in out west in Vancouver.
- Bedard condemns Perry social media rumor: 'It's just a bunch of B.S.'
- Devils' Hamilton out indefinitely with torn pectoral muscle
- Canadiens sign Montembeault to 3-year, $9.45M extension
- Devils' Smith banned 2 games, Flyers' Konecny fined after altercation
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape