Betting lines react dramatically to Carey Price's injury
The news on Monday, that Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price will miss the balance of the Eastern Conference final, is a bombshell and it's having an unsurprisingly dramatic impact on the betting markets for the Game 2.
Adam Burns, the sportsbook manager of bodog.ca, summarizes how the oddsmakers are reacting to the sordid news out of Montreal:
With the news that Carey Price is out for at least the entire series against the Rangers, in their game tonight Montreal has gone from -130 favourites to even money underdogs and we are seeing money pouring in on the Rangers regardless. The Habs also have gone from 9/2 to 13/2 to win the Cup and we cannot write a bet on them. From an odds perspective this is maybe the worst news possible for a Montreal fan.
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Leafs dress UofT goalie as backup due to cap constraints
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Ducks head coach Eakins blasts Jets for 'dirty play' on Gibson
- Red Wings' Larkin suspended 1 game for roughing Lightning's Joseph