Senators' Chabot out vs. Blues after taking big hit from Capitals' Wilson
The Ottawa Senators will be without their workhorse defenseman on Tuesday.
Thomas Chabot won't play against the St. Louis Blues, head coach D.J. Smith announced Tuesday. Smith said Chabot is still sore from the hit he took from Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson on Sunday.
Chabot took two more shifts in the game but didn't play in the final eight minutes of Ottawa's 4-1 win.
Smith added that he's hopeful Chabot will be back soon.
The 25-year-old leads all NHL skaters in average time on ice (26:51) and has registered three goals and 21 assists in 45 games this season.
- Carlsson, Ducks beat Avs to snap 8-game skid
- Report: Maple Leafs attempted to acquire Tanev, Zadorov from Flames
- Examining the Penguins' struggling power play, and other unexpected NHL trends
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Forsberg makes 39 saves, Senators shut out Kraken