Maple Leafs' Muzzin diagnosed with concussion
Muzzin suffered the injury on Saturday against the St. Louis Blues following a big hit by Klim Kostin.
The veteran rearguard won't travel with the team to New York and will not be available this week, Keefe said, per The Hockey News' David Alter. Toronto plays the Rangers on Wednesday and the Islanders on Saturday.
With Muzzin's usual partner Justin Holl in COVID-19 protocol, the Leafs' blue line practiced as such Tuesday:
|Morgan Rielly||TJ Brodie|
|Rasmus Sandin||Timothy Liljegren|
|Travis Dermott||Alex Biega|
Muzzin, 32, has one goal and 10 assists in 35 games this season. He averages 21:22 minutes per game, second-most among all Leafs skaters.
- MacKinnon: Avalanche were 'really bad' in Game 2 loss
- 'A fatal mistake': Panthers, Brunette bemoan Lightning's late Game 2 winner
- Bruins president noncommittal on Cassidy's future: 'We'll see where it goes'
- Sutter, Brunette, Gallant voted Jack Adams Award finalists
- Oilers turning back to Smith for Game 2