Kings' Edler out long term with apparent leg injury
The 35-year-old landed awkwardly and couldn't put any weight on his left leg after Wild forward Brandon Duhaime checked him along the wall less than three minutes into the first period.
Edler got to the bench with the assistance of the Kings' medical staff and immediately went to the dressing room.
Los Angeles has dealt with numerous injuries to blue-liners this season. The Kings' No. 1 rearguard, Drew Doughty, missed 16 games with a knee issue before returning Nov. 30. Top-four defenseman Sean Walker is out for the campaign after tearing the MCL and ACL in his right knee on Oct. 25.
- Blackhawks legend Bobby Hull dies at 84
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's best player not attending the All-Star Game
- NHL Monday best bets: Jets to rebound vs. struggling Blues
- Aho extends goal streak to 4 as Hurricanes hand Bruins 3rd straight loss
- Tavares collects 2 points in 1,000th game to help Leafs beat Capitals