Senators' Greig suspended 2 games for cross-checking Dubois
Ottawa Senators forward Ridly Greig has been suspended one preseason game and one regular-season contest for cross-checking Winnipeg Jets forward Pierre-Luc Dubois, the NHL Department of Player Safety announced Monday.
The incident occurred in the second period of Sunday's exhibition clash between the two clubs. Greig played the puck in the defensive zone and caught an oncoming Dubois up high with an errant stick.
Greig was assessed a five-minute major and a game misconduct on the play.
The Senators drafted Greig 28th overall in 2020. The 19-year-old is a candidate to make the team out of training camp, but his NHL debut - whenever it may be - will be delayed at least one game.
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- Report: Price, Binnington among 6 goalies on Team Canada's list for Olympics
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins
- Hurricanes create website to keep roasting Canadiens