Flyers add Martin Jones on 1-year, $2M contract
Jones had the final three years of his contract bought out by the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday. He'll be on San Jose's books until 2027.
The 31-year-old has seen his game decline sharply since 2018, posting an .896 save percentage in each of the last three seasons. Jones was once a reliable starter and had a combined .915 save percentage across his first three years with the Sharks.
Jones will slot in behind Carter Hart on the Flyers' depth chart. Hart was recently viewed as one of the best young netminders in the sport, but he also struggled last season. The 22-year-old posted an .877 save percentage in 27 appearances as Philadelphia missed the playoffs.
- Kane not participating in Sharks' camp as new investigation opens
- Sabres agree to terms with Dahlin on 3-year deal worth $18M
- Leafs' Rielly not focused on extension heading into contract year
- NHL offseason grades: Pacific Division
- Blues name Chiarelli VP of hockey operations, Hitchcock as coaching consultant