Report: Islanders shopping Leddy ahead of expansion draft
The Isles are reportedly looking to move the veteran so they don't risk losing him in the expansion draft for nothing.
Leddy recorded two goals and 29 assists in 56 games this past season while averaging 21:35 per contest. He added six points in 19 playoff games during New York's run to the final four. His underlying numbers have been poor, though.
The 30-year-old has one year left on his contract with a cap hit of $5.5 million.
New York is estimated to have nearly $12 million in cap space once Johnny Boychuk is placed on long-term injured reserve. However, the club has multiple key restricted free agents to re-sign, including Ilya Sorokin, Anthony Beauvillier, Michael Dal Colle, and Pelech.
- Crosby doesn't have target date for return following wrist surgery
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins
- Bobrovsky gets 300th win as unbeaten Panthers top Avs