Gretzky rookie card sells for record $465K
If you have an old hockey card collection somewhere in your attic, you might want to fish it out.
A Wayne Gretzky rookie card just sold for a whopping $465,000 at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Atlantic City, NJ.
The huge bid is a record for the most paid for any single hockey card, according to ESPN's Darren Rovell.
So to those whose parents who might have thrown their collection out years ago, or simply sold their cards for $0.50 each at a garage sale, sorry about your luck.
- Lambert frustrated after Isles fumble lead vs. Sharks: Losing that game 'is sin'
- NHL hot topics: Debating Leafs' D targets, coaches on hot seat, more
- Calder Trophy Rankings: Order restored as Bedard reclaims top spot
- Bettman concerned arena for 2026 Olympics won't be ready
- Wild stay hot under Hynes as Boldy's 3-point night extinguishes Flames