Ex-49er Davis modeling acting career after The Rock, Terry Crews
Like his inspirations, the ex-tight end hopes his acting chops will eventually overshadow his time in football.
"Over time, I'll probably show up in so many projects that people will get used to seeing me as an actor and forget about me as a player," Davis said on the "John Keim Report."
"I think about watching Terry Crews and The Rock, and you see them and you don't think about them as athletes because you see them in so many different projects. That will probably happen with me."
Johnson played collegiately for Miami and enjoyed a brief CFL stint, while Crews was drafted in the 11th round of the 1991 NFL Draft.
"I would love to do some of the same things (The) Rock is doing," Davis added. "I like his work ethic. ... I know what I'm doing and where I want to be. I can see it."
Davis, who retired after the 2019 NFL campaign, has acted in five films, with three more scheduled to begin filming soon. He's slated to appear in two movies with Bruce Willis in 2022.
- Heinicke leads Washington past Giants on TNF
- Colts to appear in 1st in-season edition of 'Hard Knocks'
- Rodgers: 'We're in big trouble' if we freak out after Week 1 blowout loss
- Bieniemy brushes off USC rumors, focused on matchup with Ravens
- Higgins changing number after season: I don't want to be 'Ochocinco 2.0'