Video games stunk when Kobe made his NBA debut
Video games weren't nearly as cool, complex, or sophisticated as they are now when Kobe Bryant made his NBA debut in 1996. Compared to today's remarkable technology, gaming in the mid-'90s was actually pretty crappy.
In honor of Bryant's final season, a benevolent Twitter user has gifted basketball fans a selection of the Laker legend's video game avatars from back when cheat codes and blowing on disobedient game cartridges was all the rage.
For Bryant's complete video game history, click here.
- Report: Rockets aggressively pursuing Pistons' No. 1 pick
- T-Wolves block Hernangomez from Olympics, upsetting Spanish federation
- Dream ignited: How Jonathan Kuminga made his case to be drafted top 5
- Mind the gap: The basketball world is catching up to the U.S.
- Trio of NBA Finals players finally arrives at Tokyo Olympics