Report: Rangers' Lynn drawing trade interest from Blue Jays, Dodgers, Padres
Lance Lynn has become a popular name in trade rumors with the deadline approaching on Monday.
San Diego manager Jayce Tingler and associate manager Skip Schumaker both have ties to Lynn, who is putting together a fabulous campaign for the 12-19 Rangers.
Lynn owns a 4-0 record with a 1.59 ERA in seven starts and has thrown 100-plus pitches in each of his seven outings this season.
Meanwhile, the Blue Jays' focus leading into the deadline is adding starting pitching, general manager Ross Atkins said on Aug. 20. Toronto already acquired right-hander Taijuan Walker in a trade with the Seattle Mariners on Thursday.
Lynn is in the second year of a team-friendly, three-year contract that pays him the prorated portion of $10 million this season and $8 million in 2021.
- How these Cardinals teammates defied aging curves to become MVP contenders
- MLB playoff predictions: Who will win the World Series?
- MLB final awards: We hand out our hardware
- For their last dance, the Cardinals are playing their greatest hits
- MLB Playoff Power Rankings: Dissecting each team's World Series chances