Darvish shook off new teammate Lucroy on 3 Orioles home runs
Texas Rangers starter Yu Darvish acknowledged that he may have to trust his new batterymate Jonathan Lucroy more the next time the two pair up.
After spending the last seven years in Milwaukee, Lucroy was hit with an early learning curve in his Rangers debut Tuesday. Following the 5-1 loss to the Baltimore Orioles, Darvish said he shook off Lucroy's pitch selection on at least three calls, which resulted in a trio of solo home runs.
"On those home runs, I probably shook it and then I gave up home runs," Darvish told Jeff Wilson of the Star-Telegram. "Maybe next time I should trust him more."
Lucroy, for his part, failed to mention that Darvish shook off any of those pitches, and said the two began to establish a relationship early on in the game.
"After the first inning we started going well," Lucroy said. "He gave us a chance to win."
Things didn't go much better at the plate for Lucroy, who went 0-for-2 with a strikeout and a walk.
- Longtime manager Jim Leyland elected to Hall of Fame
- Report: Blue Jays, Padres discussed Manoah in potential Soto trade
- Report: Ohtani likely to make free-agent decision within next week
- Report: Braves, O's among teams engaged with White Sox about Cease
- Report: Brewers, Chourio agree to 8-year, $82M pact that can rise to $142.5M