Report: Jets expected to make 'final push' toward extending Ladd
The Dustin Byfuglien extension didn't just offer the Winnipeg Jets five more seasons of the rover's idiosyncratic contributions at a reasonable price, but ample time to negotiate the best possible trade involving Andrew Ladd, who many presumed was a casualty of the deal.
But with two-and-a-half weeks left before the trade deadline, or until Ladd's fate slips from team control, the Jets are apparently focused on re-upping the captain.
TSN's Gary Lawless tweeted Saturday the sense around Winnipeg is that Ladd isn't yet on the market, and that GM Kevin Cheveldayoff is expected to prepare a final push to retain the pending unrestricted free agent.
- Canucks GM: 'I think we can get help on the back end'
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings
- Vilardi miffed with former teammate Lizotte after injury: 'It's a stupid play'
- Kane aiming to make Red Wings debut in next 7-10 days
- Perry becomes free agent after clearing unconditional waivers