Blue Jackets' Saad required 4 root canals after taking puck to mouth, will debut Saturday
The forward has yet to make his preseason debut, largely due to the fact that he required four root canals to fix the damage.
Saad practiced Thursday and will play in Saturday's preseason game against the Pittsburgh Penguins, head coach Todd Richards announced Friday. The bench boss also said he's impressed with Saad's resiliency.
"You talk with him after (the injury), and he was very nonchalant about it, like nothing happened," Richards told Rob Mixer of BlueJackets.com. "It's good to have him back out on the ice and being part of the team."
- Leafs' Matthews out minimum 3 weeks with knee sprain
- Caufield: 'I'd still be playing' through shoulder injury if Habs were in playoff spot
- Devils GM looking to add top-6 winger under team control at trade deadline
- The Fisherman returns: The redemption story behind the Isles' throwback
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected