Report: Avalanche willing to listen to trade offers for Ryan O'Reilly
They'll certainly pick up the phone if inquiries come in, with a specific return in mind, Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reported on the Saturday’s Headlines segment of "Hockey Night in Canada".
One team that has made it known that they are willing to listen on a particular player is the Colorado Avalanche with Ryan O'Reilly. No guarantee it happens but they're willing to listen, and you have to think they would want defensemen in return.
The 24-year-old center has one year remaining on a contract that will see him earn $6 million in 2015-16, and will become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
With Matt Duchene and Gabriel Landeskog already signed long term, and with Nathan MacKinnon hitting restricted free agency after next season, Colorado will likely be unwilling to commit that heavily to another forward, regardless of O'Reilly's importance at both ends of the ice.
Colorado could certainly use an upgrade or two on the blue line after ranking 21st in goals allowed last season, with O'Reilly floated as the most logical trade chip.
O'Reilly recorded 17 goals and 38 assists last season, with a Corsi For rating of 49.
- Blackhawks legend Bobby Hull dies at 84
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's best player not attending the All-Star Game
- NHL Monday best bets: Jets to rebound vs. struggling Blues
- Surprising Kraken relishing rise in thick of playoff race
- Aho extends goal streak to 4 as Hurricanes hand Bruins 3rd straight loss