Tim Kennedy signs 1-year deal with KHL's HC Neftekhimik
Tim Kennedy has decided to leave the NHL.
The 29-year-old forward signed a one-year deal with HC Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk of the KHL.
Kennedy, a sixth-round pick of the Washington Capitals in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, earned 39 points in 162 games in his NHL career split between the Buffalo Sabres, Florida Panthers, San Jose Sharks, and Phoenix Coyotes.
He spent last season with the Hershey Bears of the AHL, earning 59 points in 75 games.
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Watch: Flames' Andersson headbutts Oilers' Yamamoto
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Maple Leafs' Mrazek to miss 2 weeks with groin injury