Report: Jets scratched Evander Kane for dress code violation
Jets coach Paul Maurice offered little in the way of an explanation when he was asked why Kane was a healthy scratch for Tuesday's overtime loss to the Vancouver Canucks.
According to Lawless, Kane arrived at the arena wearing sweat pants, even though the team's dress code requires players to wear suits. Kane's fashion indiscretion, while minor, was compounded by his disciplinary history with the team, leading to his benching.
Tuesday marked the second time Maurice has made Kane a healthy scratch.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 1: Dominik Hasek 🎧
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout