Jets coach mum on Evander Kane healthy scratch; calls it 'coaches decision'
Jets coach Paul Maurice wasn't interested in explaining why Kane - one of the more skilled Jets' players - wasn't on the ice trying to end Winnipeg's winless skid, which hit five games after Tuesday's overtime loss to the Vancouver Canucks.
"Coaches decision not to be in the lineup tonight," Maurice told reporters after the contest, without providing more details. "What do you think the chances of you getting more are? We work together."
Maurice also stopped short of saying whether Kane would be in the lineup for Friday's game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Kane is no stranger to controversy, which has followed him around for most of his time with the Jets. Bob McKenzie from TSN calls the latest situation complicated, suggesting there may be an injury involved on top of any underlying non-injury problems.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 1: Dominik Hasek 🎧
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout