Avalanche's MacKinnon drops gloves with Red Wings' Ericsson for 1st career fight
Nathan MacKinnon can scratch another career milestone off his list.
The second-year Colorado Avalanche forward dropped the gloves and engaged in his first NHL fight on Thursday, standing toe-to-toe with Jonathan Ericsson of the Detroit Red Wings who served as a most-willing opponent.
The five minute penalty marked a significant chunk of MacKinnon's total malfeasance at the NHL level.
- Zegras leaves preseason game with upper-body injury
- Forwards Jarnkrok, Kerfoot play defense for injury-riddled Leafs
- Blue Jackets sign Peeke to 3-year extension with $2.75M AAV
- Back with Wild, Fleury welcomes big workload as clear No. 1
- 'We're not planning on just winning one': Avs set to launch Cup defense