Coyotes make Chychrun healthy scratch for trade-related reasons
The Jakob Chychrun sweepstakes appear to be coming to a dramatic end.
The Arizona Coyotes announced they made the defenseman a healthy scratch Saturday against the St. Louis Blues for trade-related reasons.
Chychrun, 24, has been on the trade block since at least January 2022, but a deal has yet to come to fruition.
Chychrun has registered 28 points in 36 games this season. The 6-foot-2, 220-pound blue-liner is signed through 2024-25 with a $4.6-million cap hit.
The Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Maple Leafs won't pursue Chychrun despite having previously been linked to the defenseman, Sportsnet's Jeff Marek reports.
The Ottawa Senators, Los Angeles Kings, St. Louis Blues, and Columbus Blue Jackets are among the other teams linked to Chychrun in the past.
The Coyotes' next game is against the Nashville Predators on Monday.
- Lambert frustrated after Isles fumble lead vs. Sharks: Losing that game 'is sin'
- Vezina Trophy Rankings: Hill showing Cup run was no fluke
- NHL hot topics: Debating Leafs' D targets, coaches on hot seat, more
- Bettman concerned arena for 2026 Olympics won't be ready
- Wild stay hot under Hynes as Boldy's 3-point night extinguishes Flames