Canadiens sign Allen to 2-year, $7.7M extension
Allen's new deal begins next season. He was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2022-23 campaign.
The 32-year-old is set to enter the year as the Canadiens' No. 1 goalie, as Carey Price is unlikely to play this season due to knee problems.
Allen posted a .905 save percentage and a 3.30 goals-against average in 35 games with Montreal last year. The native of Fredericton, New Brunswick, owns a .911 career save percentage across nine NHL seasons split between the Canadiens and St. Louis Blues.
- Blackhawks legend Bobby Hull dies at 84
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's best player not attending the All-Star Game
- NHL Monday best bets: Jets to rebound vs. struggling Blues
- Surprising Kraken relishing rise in thick of playoff race
- Aho extends goal streak to 4 as Hurricanes hand Bruins 3rd straight loss