Blackhawks add Jack Johnson on 1-year, $950K deal
The Chicago Blackhawks have signed veteran defenseman Jack Johnson to a one-year contract worth $950,000, the team announced Wednesday.
Johnson won the Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche last season, recording a goal and eight assists over 74 regular-season games. He played 13 contests during the playoffs without registering a point.
The 35-year-old has played 1,024 games over his 16-year career with the Los Angeles Kings, Columbus Blue Jackets, Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers, and Avalanche.
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'