Kucherov departs Game 3 after suffering apparent injury
Kucherov initially stayed on the ice for the power play but went to the dressing room after taking a one-timer.
Toews, who's never been suspended in his four-year NHL career, won't receive supplemental discipline for the incident, according to The Athletic's Joe Smith. The NHL's Department of Player Safety reviewed the play but felt the officials properly penalized Toews.
Lightning head coach Jon Cooper offered no injury update postgame.
"It's a contact game, but guys know what they're doing," Cooper told reporters. "Smart, savvy players know what they're doing with their stick. We all saw it."
Defenseman Victor Hedman didn't mince words regarding the incident.
"It's a dangerous play," Hedman said, according to ESPN's Greg Wyshynski. "We'll see if anything happens. Probably not."
Kucherov recorded a pair of assists Monday, becoming the fourth player in NHL history to rack up at least 25 points in three consecutive postseasons.
Tampa Bay won the game 6-2 to cut Colorado's series lead to 2-1.
- Lightning trade McDonagh to Predators for Myers, Mismash
- Jets officially name Rick Bowness head coach
- Boeser opens up about last season's struggles, eager to bounce back
- Jackets GM: Laine's contract status won't affect draft weekend plans
- Report: Flyers prospect detained for planning to evade military service