Flames' Tanev played through dislocated shoulder, out 4-6 months
Tanev added that he will undergo surgery next week and needs around four-to-six months to recover.
The 32-year-old suffered the injury in Game 6 of the first round against the Dallas Stars and remained sidelined for over a week before returning.
The Flames greatly missed Tanev in the Battle of Alberta as they couldn't slow down Edmonton's high-flying offensive attack in the 4-1 series loss.
Though he isn't flashy, Tanev is considered one of the top defensive defensemen in the NHL. He finished second in the league with 10.3 defensive goals above replacement, per Evolving-Hockey.
If Tanev requires the full six months to recover, he could miss the first two months of the 2022-23 regular season.
- Marner sets Maple Leafs record with 19-game point streak
- Blues head coach: Binnington's antics have 'got to stop'
- Habs' Edmundson ejected for cross-checking Oilers' Hyman in the head
- McDavid, Draisaitl combine for 8 points as Oilers edge Canadiens
- Bruins pummel Avalanche to improve record to 14-0 at home