Poolman suspended 2 games for swinging stick at Sherwood's head
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Tucker Poolman has been suspended two games for swinging his stick at the head of Colorado Avalanche forward Kiefer Sherwood on Thursday night, the NHL's Department of Player Safety announced Friday.
Referees ejected Poolman and handed him a 10-minute match penalty. Sherwood managed to stay in the game.
Here's a slowed-down look at the play:
The incident occurred while the Canucks were trailing 6-1. The Avalanche would add one more to win 7-1.
Poolman, the Winnipeg Jets' fifth-round draft pick from 2013, joined Vancouver this past offseason. This marks the first suspension of his career.
- Report: Maple Leafs shopping Mikheyev's rights
- Complementary but different styles put Savoie, Geekie high on NHL draft boards
- Kings acquire Fiala from Wild, reportedly sign him to 7-year deal
- Draft survey: Prospects talk NHL comps, fashion, teammates, and resilience
- 5 important questions heading into the NHL's offseason frenzy