Poolman suspended 2 games for swinging stick at Sherwood's head
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Tucker Poolman has been suspended two games for swinging his stick at the head of Colorado Avalanche forward Kiefer Sherwood on Thursday night, the NHL's Department of Player Safety announced Friday.
Referees ejected Poolman and handed him a 10-minute match penalty. Sherwood managed to stay in the game.
Here's a slowed-down look at the play:
The incident occurred while the Canucks were trailing 6-1. The Avalanche would add one more to win 7-1.
Poolman, the Winnipeg Jets' fifth-round draft pick from 2013, joined Vancouver this past offseason. This marks the first suspension of his career.
- Boeser up to league-leading 17 goals as Canucks hand Ducks 7th straight loss
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- Blackhawks terminating Perry's contract due to 'unacceptable' conduct
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings
- Maple Leafs' insanity plan: Do the same thing and expect different results