Doughty to undergo further testing on knee, out vs. Blues
Doughty was injured Friday night after a knee-on-knee collision with Dallas Stars defenseman Jani Hakanpaa. Doughty left the game and didn't return, while Hakanpaa was assessed a major penalty and ejected.
The early diagnosis on Doughty indicates he avoided ligament damage, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman. The star blue-liner will undergo further testing when the club returns to Los Angeles.
Hakanpaa won't be disciplined for the hit, per Matthew DeFranks of The Dallas Morning News.
Doughty, 31, has seven points through four games in his 14th season with the Kings.
- Wild's Evason baffled after Leafs' Murray knocks net off moorings 3 times
- Bruins set NHL record with 12th straight home win to start season
- Karlsson's splashy resurgence, the Michkov conundrum, and hockey nicknames
- Moving on from D.J. Smith is Senators' only hope of saving season
- Jets survive Robertson, Stars' comeback bid in OT