Red Wings' Larkin suspended 1 game for roughing Lightning's Joseph
Officials handed Larkin a match penalty for intent to injure after he sucker-punched Joseph during the second period.
Joseph initially hit Larkin from behind along the boards before the latter punched him as he was skating away. Joseph was slow to get up and returned for two short shifts, but he didn't hit the ice in the third period or overtime.
Larkin suffered an injury on the play and wasn't able to practice Friday. Head coach Jeff Blashill said he was "pissed off" that Larkin had to defend himself from the hit and that there was no penalty on Joseph for hitting him "in the numbers," according to the Detroit Free Press' Helene St. James.
This is the first suspension of Larkin's seven-year career.
- Ducks' Zegras after lacrosse-style assist: 'I still can't believe it worked'
- Blackhawks' Khaira 'responsive' after taking hit by Rangers' Trouba
- Leafs' Spezza suspended 6 games for kneeing Jets' Pionk in head
- Hurricanes' Cole ejected for kneeing Jets' Scheifele
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 3: Ron Hextall 🎧