Red Wings re-sign Hronek to 3-year deal
It carries an average annual value of $4.4 million, reports Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.
Hronek led the team in points (26), assists (24), and average ice time (23:23) last season. He was one of only two Red Wings to play all 56 games along with Marc Staal.
The Czech blue-liner has spent three campaigns with Detroit, which drafted him 53rd overall in 2016.
Hronek, who turns 24 on Nov. 2, was the last remaining free agent of any kind on the Red Wings' NHL roster.
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Leafs dress UofT goalie as backup due to cap constraints
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Ducks head coach Eakins blasts Jets for 'dirty play' on Gibson
- Red Wings' Larkin suspended 1 game for roughing Lightning's Joseph