Report: Blues expressed interest in Chara
The Blues have been targeting a veteran defenseman on the open market this offseason after losing blue-liner Vince Dunn to the Seattle Kraken in the expansion draft.
The club also inquired about Ryan Suter before he signed with the Dallas Stars, Rutherford added.
Chara, 44, played with the Washington Capitals last season on a one-year deal and proved he still has what it takes to be a capable defenseman. He averaged 18:19 of ice time per game and racked up 10 points, 88 hits, and 67 blocked shots across 55 contests.
Being close to his family is Chara's top priority in deciding where he'll play next campaign, a source told Rutherford. Chara reportedly chose to sign with the Capitals last season due to the club's proximity to his family, who remain in Boston.
- Report: Capitals discussed adding Evander Kane
- Draisaitl's 4-point night helps Oilers beat Flames to stop slide
- Kadri's All-Star play, Laine-Dubois deal revisited, and fighting's resurgence
- Report: Rangers, Bruins, Panthers among teams interested in Coyotes' Chychrun
- Bratt helps Devils rally for victory over Hurricanes