Report: Wild, Flyers file for arbitration with Fiala, Sanheim
Neither Fiala nor Sanheim were among the restricted free agents who filed for player-elected arbitration by Sunday's deadline, but their respective teams decided to move forward with the process.
The deadline for team-elected salary arbitration notification was at 5 p.m. ET Monday. Hearings are set to be held from Aug. 11-26.
Both Fiala and Sanheim can continue to work toward a deal in the meantime.
Fiala, 25, registered 40 points across 50 games this past campaign. He just wrapped up a two-year deal that carried an average annual value of $3 million.
Sanheim put up 15 points in 55 contests during the 2020-21 season. The 25-year-old defenseman finished a two-year pact with a cap hit of $3.25 million.
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Leafs dress UofT goalie as backup due to cap constraints
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Ducks head coach Eakins blasts Jets for 'dirty play' on Gibson
- Red Wings' Larkin suspended 1 game for roughing Lightning's Joseph