Bruins ink Nick Foligno to 2-year contract
The 14-year veteran was an unrestricted free agent who finished this past season with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He collected seven goals and 13 assists over 49 contests with the Leafs and Columbus Blue Jackets in 2021.
Foligno, who turns 34 in October, battled injury down the stretch. He suited up for only four of Toronto's seven playoff games against the Montreal Canadiens after getting hurt in a game against them late in the regular season.
The Maple Leafs acquired him from the Blue Jackets in April as part of a three-team swap in which the Maple Leafs surrendered a first-round pick and two fourth-rounders.
Foligno served as Blue Jackets captain for six campaigns before the trade.
- Stan Bowman resigns as Blackhawks GM after sexual assault investigation
- Undefeated: Why these four teams are off to blazing-hot starts
- Report on Blackhawks' scandal reveals leaders' win-at-all-costs choices
- Report: Sabres ramp up Eichel trade talks with Golden Knights
- Mark Messier on leadership, Halloween parties, Cup journeys, and TV gig