Canadiens bring back Armia on 4-year deal
Armia, 28, recorded seven goals and seven assists in 41 games while averaging 14:42 of ice time per contest. It was his least productive season - on a per game basis - since joining the Habs in 2018-19.
The 6-foot-4, 210-pound winger added five goals and three assists in 21 games during Montreal's run to the Stanley Cup Final.
Accounting for Armia, the Canadiens project to have about $15 million in cap space once Shea Weber is placed on long-term injured reserve. RFAs Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Artturi Lehkonen are still looking for new deals.
- Stan Bowman resigns as Blackhawks GM after sexual assault investigation
- Undefeated: Why these four teams are off to blazing-hot starts
- Report on Blackhawks' scandal reveals leaders' win-at-all-costs choices
- Report: Sabres ramp up Eichel trade talks with Golden Knights
- Mark Messier on leadership, Halloween parties, Cup journeys, and TV gig