Senators' Brannstrom takes skate to face vs. Maple Leafs
A scary incident occurred in the waning minutes of the Ottawa Senators-Toronto Maple Leafs game Wednesday night, as Senators defenseman Erik Brannstrom took Auston Matthews' skate in the face as he was trying to prevent an empty-net goal.
Brannstrom received a few stitches but will be fine, Senators head coach D.J. Smith told Postmedia's Bruce Garrioch.
The Swedish blue-liner was the key return in the Mark Stone trade with the Vegas Golden Knights last season. The 20-year-old tallied 32 points in 50 AHL games in 2018-19.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 1: Dominik Hasek 🎧
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout