Canadiens' Byron suspended 3 games for charging Panthers' Weegar
The incident occurred during Tuesday night's clash between the two clubs.
Byron made "significant and forceful head contact," the Department of Player Safety explained. He was assessed a two-minute minor for charging on the play.
Byron issued the followed statement:
Weegar left the game with an upper-body injury and did not return.
- Formenton ineligible for Sens this season after RFA deadline passes
- Marner: Matching Leafs' point-streak record was a 'special moment'
- Renewable energy: Cup-hunting Lightning betting on internal growth
- NHL Thursday best bets: Flames to heat up vs. Canadiens
- Kings' Petersen loaned to AHL after clearing waivers