North Pole-born Copley records 1st career shutout days before Christmas
The 26-year-old backup made 35 saves versus the Senators in a 4-0 win for the first shutout of his career. The blank sheet is a nice milestone on its own but the story within the story is an all-timer.
Copley's shutout came in the Capitals' final game before the Christmas break, which normally wouldn't hold much significance until you consider he hails from North Pole, Alaska.
Entering the contest, Copley owned a 7-3-1 record and a .894 save percentage.
Merry Christmas, indeed.
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Watch: Flames' Andersson headbutts Oilers' Yamamoto
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot