Knights use 5th goalie of season
Stop us if you've heard this before: The Vegas Golden Knights used another goalie.
He became the fifth goalie to suit up for the Knights this season after Marc-Andre Fleury, Malcolm Subban, Oscar Dansk, and Lagace.
Ferguson's first taste of NHL action may have been limited to nine minutes and 14 seconds, but it was nine minutes and 14 seconds against Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl, so it's understandable if he was a bit nervous while allowing one goal (to Mark Letestu) on only two shots.
Lagace was pulled after allowing his seventh goal of the eventual 8-2 Golden Knights loss. However, early in the third period, he was also looked at by trainers for an apparent injury, so Ferguson could be thrust back into action sooner than later.
Here's what Ferguson had to say about his NHL debut:
- Letang added to COVID-19 protocol, out vs. Maple Leafs
- Stars' Hakanpaa ejected for kneeing Kings' Doughty
- Keefe downplays Ritchie criticism: Matthews, Marner as much to blame
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins