Sabres' Lehner saveless in shootouts this season
Some called Kucherov's move ballsy, but he may have had some previous knowledge heading into his attempt against Buffalo Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner. After all, Lehner had yet to make a single save in the shootout all season leading up to Saturday.
Kucherov would go on to do his thing, ending the game and leaving Lehner without a save on eight shots in four shootouts this season.
Here's a look at Lehner's shootout work this season:
It surely hasn't been pretty for Lehner.
Entering this season, Lehner had allowed just 24 goals on 60 shots all time - a success rate of 60 percent.
He's been better, but one thing is certain - if the Sabres want to help themselves collect points down the stretch, avoid taking the game past overtime.
- Kadri's All-Star play, Laine-Dubois deal revisited, and fighting's resurgence
- Bruins call out Capitals' Hathaway for 'cheap hit' on Marchand
- Report: Oilers exploring options to address goaltending
- Canadiens' Allen to miss 8 weeks with injury
- Flyers fall to Blue Jackets, lose 10 straight for 2nd time this season