Texans' Stroud clears protocol, set to start vs. Titans
Houston Texans quarterback C.J. Stroud cleared concussion protocol and plans to start against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, the signal-caller said Thursday, according to ESPN's DJ Bien-Aime.
Stroud missed the Texans' last two contests with what he described as the worst concussion he's had, according to Fox's Ben Arthur.
"I'm just happy to be back," Stroud said.
Tennessee's defense is allowing 334.9 yards (17th in the NFL) and 21.4 points (15th) per game this season.
The Texans split the two contests Stroud missed. Veteran Case Keenum led the club to a win in the team's first matchup against the Titans, but a combination of Keenum and Davis Mills fell short against the Cleveland Browns last week.
Houston is currently the AFC's No. 8 seed with an 8-7 record. The Texans can clinch a playoff spot if they close out the season with wins over Tennessee and the Indianapolis Colts, thanks to owning tiebreakers over the Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers.
Stroud, the odds-on favorite for Offensive Rookie of the Year, has thrown for 3,631 yards, 20 touchdowns, and five interceptions this campaign.
HEADLINES
- Report: Browns open to giving Sanders extended look as starter
- Ragnow fails physical, won't rejoin Lions this season
- NFL Week 13 bets: Can Colts get back to winning ways vs. Texans?
- Anytime TD bets Week 13: McConkey highlights 5 value picks
- NFL Week 13 prop party: Warren ready to carve up Bills' run defense