Lions' Montgomery listed as doubtful, St. Brown questionable vs. Falcons
The Detroit Lions listed running back David Montgomery as doubtful for their Week 3 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons due to a thigh injury.
Star wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown was designated as questionable on the team's Friday injury report as he deals with a toe injury. He leads all Lions pass-catchers with 12 receptions for 173 yards to go along with one touchdown. St. Brown was upgraded to a full participant in Friday's practice after being limited on Thursday.
Montgomery exited the Lions' Week 2 game against the Seattle Seahawks after getting hurt. He's rushed for 121 yards and two touchdowns through two games so far this season. The 26-year-old practiced this week in preparation for the matchup against the Falcons.
The Lions signed Montgomery as a free agent this offseason after he spent the first four campaigns of his career with the Chicago Bears. He rushed for 3,609 yards and 26 touchdowns during his tenure with the Lions' NFC North rivals.
Detroit will likely lean on the combination of rookie Jahmyr Gibbs and Craig Reynolds with Montgomery on the mend.
- Vikings OC Phillips arrested on suspicion of drunken driving
- Packers' Watson ruled out vs. Giants due to hamstring injury
- Bengals won't be punished after NFL probe into Burrow injury reporting
- 5 quarterbacks with something big to prove as NFL playoffs approach
- Best NFL Week 14 total bets: A high-scoring affair in Baltimore?