49ers' Aiyuk not available vs. Giants on TNF
San Francisco 49ers star wideout Brandon Aiyuk won't be in uniform for Thursday night's matchup against the New York Giants, the team announced.
The 25-year-old receiver was listed as questionable ahead of the Niners' Week 3 contest due to both shoulder and chest injuries.
The 49ers listed Aiyuk among their inactives for Week 3. Defensive back Ambry Thomas will also miss Thursday's matchup because of a knee ailment.
Aiyuk appeared to sustain the injury in the first series of the team's win last weekend against the Los Angeles Rams. He played sparingly for the remainder of the game, finishing with three receptions for 43 yards.
The Arizona State product leads all Niners pass-catchers with 172 yards through two games. Aiyuk posted career-high marks with 78 catches, 1,015 yards, and eight touchdowns in 2022.
San Francisco could lean on Ray-Ray McCloud, Ronnie Bell, and Jauan Jennings in Aiyuk's absence. The team elevated veteran wide receiver Chris Conley from the practice squad for the contest as well.
- Deebo, 49ers annihilate Eagles in 1st meeting since NFC title game
- Report: Steelers' Pickett to have ankle surgery, out 2-4 weeks
- Report: Texans' Dell fractures fibula in win over Broncos
- Evans extends record with 10th straight 1,000-yard season to begin career
- Steelers' Watt: 'NFL has something going against me'