T.J. Watt becomes Steelers' all-time sack leader
Star pass-rusher T.J. Watt became the Pittsburgh Steelers' all-time sack leader Monday night.
Watt climbed to the top of the franchise list with 81.5 sacks after hauling down Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson late in the second quarter.
Watt entered the prime-time matchup tied with former star linebacker James Harrison at 80.5. He closed the gap after tallying three sacks against the San Francisco 49ers in the team's season opener.
The Wisconsin product previously set the club's single-season sack record with 22.5 in 2021, leading to NFL Defensive Player of the Year honors.
Watt has earned three first-team All-Pro and five Pro Bowl nods since the Steelers drafted him in 2017.
- Ex-Jaguars financial manager accused of stealing more than $22M
- Fields not worried about future with Bears: 'Focused on what I can control'
- Jets going back to Wilson as starting QB vs. Texans
- 49ers' Greenlaw apologized to Eagles' security staffer after confrontation
- Vikings sticking with Dobbs as starter vs. Raiders